Thursday, February 23, 2006

Traveling Without Moving

Every time I am writhing a blog, I seem to be listening to Jamiroquai and this time it was his "traveling Without Moving" album.

So, it is reading week. I guess I have been taking it easy. I've been doing research on my ancient weapon of mass destruction that I need to build for my classical studies course while knowing I have other assignment due next week. I am sitting in the living room, rocking to the tunes as I read, drawing out the blue print in my head, imagining, how life would be like back in the Greek and Roman time. So, I decided to do a little traveling...Going back to the ancient time. What was the perfect Roman life style? How different was farming back then? Was sailing dangerous? How extensive was the Roman road network. How did they build a siege engine. How did the Greeks came up with all the ideas about the world and the different math theory that we still use today.

All of these questions were answered during my trip. The beauty of it was I never left my living room. Dive into a book and travel with your imagination. Traveling without moving. Maybe I'll run into you on my next trip.

No comments: