Sunday, September 24, 2006

1st week of Calgary


It has already been 1 week. I still can’t really get settle in, it is not that I am not getting used to the city, the fact is I am moving into a new place first thing Oct, I can't really unpack. Staying with my project leader is pretty cool, I have to constantly watch what I say and I do as he has 3 young kids, a fourth grader, a first grader and a 1 year old…the one year old is the cutest. So all filters are on and I must say they are over worked because I don’t want to set a bad example or I don’t want them to get in trouble because of me. My project leader said that he is prepping me for the mission trip as well as being a parent. Oh the horror! I have not even given marriage a single thought yet let alone having kids. Maybe I should work on finding that special lady first. The weather has been improving, It was 21 C today. I took advantage of the nice weather and explored downtown a bit. Compared to any downtown, Calgary’s downtown is dead. There are all but 10 people in one block. I checkout out the Calgary tower, spend 30 min hunting around for the visitor info center and walked along 8th ave. I found a pretty cool bookstore with live music every Friday and sat night, fell in love while walking by Holt Renfrew. I was told later that 17th street is busier so that’s going to be another week. For those of you who are intrigued by what happened as I walked by Holt Renfrew, you’ll just have to wait and find out.

Until next time…

1 comment:

b.p. said...

so, you fell in love eh? :D